Hatewatch is managed by the staff of the Intelligence Report, an investigative magazine published by the Alabama-based civil rights group Southern Poverty Law Center.

Justice Department Probe Sought for Attack on Muslim Teens

Hatewatch Staff on October 13, 2009, Posted in Uncategorized

The attorney for two Muslim teens attacked last month aboard a school bus is asking the U.S. Department of Justice to step in after prosecutors decided not to file ethnic intimidation charges in the case.
Read full article

3 Responses to
'Justice Department Probe Sought for Attack on Muslim Teens'


Subscribe to comments with RSS

  1. Mark said,

    on October 13th, 2009 at 2:32 pm

    The prosecutor’s office said it found no evidence the attack was motivated by their ethnicity.

    Case closed!

  2. Peter said,

    on October 14th, 2009 at 2:02 pm

    I don’t get it. White people are attached at many times the rate of any other group. Why aren’t the dozens of white people who get beat up for being white ever news to the SPLC?

  3. Snorlax said,

    on October 14th, 2009 at 11:30 pm

    Case NOT closed.

    Four suspects face assault charges in juvenile court.

    Typically they also get expelled or a long suspension and definitely get expelled from riding the bus.

    They (and their parents, typically ) also are getting sued.

    And the Feds could prosecute under civil rights and hate crimes laws.

    These bullies are on a one-way bus to prison, sooner or later.

Comment