- Hatewatch - http://www.splcenter.org/blog -
Questions on Climate Change? Stormfront Has an Answer
Posted By Larry Keller On April 6, 2010 @ 6:09 pm In Conspiracies | 22 Comments
When the staff at Hatewatch wants to know about the weird weather out there, we know just where to turn: Stormfront.org. That’s right, the leading white supremacist Web forum in the world. Only there can you find a truly unique revelation about the causes of global warming, and it has nothing to do with carbon emissions.
It’s the Jews.
That the nefarious Jews are behind “climate change and carbon trading scams” comes from no less an authority than a Stormfront member of more than three years who posts under the moniker of ZOG.gov. (ZOG is a white supremacists’ acronym for Zionist Occupied Government.) He thoughtfully posted photos and biographical information of nine climate experts whom he identified as being Jewish. In a tiny oversight, however, ZOG.gov neglected to explain what the nefarious nine have said that is a climate change-related “scam.” At least two of the climate curmudgeons have been awarded lucrative “genius” grants from the MacArthur Foundation. (Not to worry, Stormfront readers: Businessman and philanthropist John D. MacArthur was the son of an itinerant Baptist preacher.) Among the men listed:
• Michael E. Mann, an internationally known Pennsylvania State University climate scientist whose E-mail correspondence with fellow climate researchers in which they ridiculed their critics was leaked by hackers last fall. The disclosures were dubbed “Climategate” by climate change skeptics. Mann denied any wrongdoing, and a Penn State panel found no credible evidence on three of four allegations made against him. The panel directed another committee to determine whether Mann “deviated from accepted practices within the academic community.”
• Joseph J. Romm, a physicist and climate blogger who last year was one of Rolling Stone magazine’s “100 People Who Are Changing America,” and was named by Time magazine as one of its “Heroes of the Environment.”
• Stephen H. Schneider, a professor of environmental biology and global change at Stanford University. Schneider has been a consultant to federal agencies and White House staff in Democratic and Republican administrations.
• Todd D. Stern, who served six years in the Clinton White House, the last two of them coordinating the administration’s initiative on global climate change. Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appointed Stern as the department’s special envoy for climate change, entrusting him with a key role in developing U.S. policy.
Conspicuously absent from the list of global warming wonks is the best known of them all: Former U.S. senator, vice president and near-president Al Gore. Gore’s critically acclaimed and commercially successful 2006 documentary film, “An Inconvenient Truth,” was an impassioned appeal for the public and policymakers to take heed of climate change, and won an Academy Award. In 2007, Gore also won the Nobel Peace Prize with the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. So why isn’t Gore at the top of the list? He’s a Baptist — an inconvenient truth.
Article printed from Hatewatch: http://www.splcenter.org/blog
URL to article: http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2010/04/06/questions-on-climate-change-stormfront-has-an-answer/