The Hatewatch blog is managed by the staff of the Intelligence Project of the Southern Poverty Law Center, an Alabama-based civil rights organization.

Student Group at Towson University to Host White Nationalist Tomorrow

By Arthur Goldwag on October 1, 2012 - 11:03 am, Posted in Extremist Propaganda, White Nationalism

Anyone wondering what the future of organized hate might look like need cast their eyes no further than Matthew Heimbach, the outspoken and energetic former president of Youth for Western Civilization’s (YWC) erstwhile chapter at Towson University in Maryland and the aspiring leader of its newly proposed but as yet unsanctioned White Student Union. Heimbach’s YWC group was disbanded last year when its faculty advisor withdrew after members chalked white pride slogans on sidewalks. Now a senior at Towson, Heimbach has threatened to take the university to court if his new organization is not approved.

“Free speech advocates in Maryland are supporting our case and agree that University policies are at best in the gray or worst outright unconstitutional,” he told The Towerlight, the Towson student newspaper. “Our message will not be silenced, we have the right to meet. If the University decides to overstep their legal boundaries … then they will meet definitive, quick action.”

And to highlight the first planned first meeting of his White Student Union, set for tomorrow, Heimbach has invited his “personal hero,” a white nationalist writer named Jared Taylor who once wrote, “When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears.”

Heimbach had been moving steadily to the right for some time before he reached the point of bedding down with Taylor. Heimbach made his first foray into white nationalist activism when he proposed that his hometown of Poolesville, Md., erect a memorial to its Confederate soldiers. “Preserving slavery was not the only reason for the war,” he told The Gazette of Gaithersburg, Md., at the time, likening the South of the period to “a tea party conservative against big government” today.

On April 4, 2011, the then-19-year-old Heimbach appeared before Poolesville’s commissioners to oppose (pdf) a counter-proposal for a monument that commemorated both Union and Confederate soldiers — a notion inspired not just by political correctness but by the historical fact that Maryland, a border state, had soldiers in both armies. Identifying himself as a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans and a re-enactor for the 8th Virginia Infantry, Heimbach argued that Poolesville had been a hotbed of secessionism. “If we were a southern town and our men fought for the south,” he said, “a memorial to both sides … is … almost insulting to the men who fought and gave their lives from Poolesville and the surrounding areas of Montgomery County.”

As previously noted at Hatewatch, Heimbach has kept himself busy since his YWC chapter went dark. As the director of the Baltimore subchapter of the National Capital Area Chapter of the Council of Conservative Citizens — a group directly descended from the White Citizens Councils that resisted desegregation during the 1950s and 1960s — he attended that organization’s national conference in Nashville, Tenn., this July. The U.S. is “a terminal cancer patient,” he told the Southern Nationalist Network (SNN) at the time. “There’s nothing we can do to save her, we just need to be prepared and ready to defend ourselves and our sovereignty when the time comes.”

Later that same month, he appeared on an SNN podcast again, this time from Montgomery, Ala., where he was attending a conference of the neo-Confederate League of the South. Heimbach bragged about some of the “after hours” fun he and his fellow attendees had been having 20. They’d waved the Confederate battle flag outside the church where “the honorable and distinguished Reverend doctor” Martin Luther King had preached — a man, Heimbach sneered, “who had the audacity to change American while cheating on his wife, hanging around with Communists, and stealing and plagiarizing all his material.” On July 20, they’d visited and “flagged” the outside of the nearby Southern Poverty Law Center’s headquarters as well. The SPLC building, Heimbach wrote, looked “like an abomination created by the empire in Star Wars. You look at it and you can just feel the evil.” Apparently worried by that, Heimbach came wearing what appeared to be a holstered pistol.

Heimbach insists that the White Student Union he is proposing will be in the same mold as Towson’s existing “Black Student Union, Caribbean Student Association, Chinese Student and Scholar Association, Filipino Cultural Association, Greek Heritage Society, Hillel, Iranian Student Union, Il Circolo (The Italian Club), Korean American Student Association, Latin American Student Organization, Pakistani Student Association, Saudi Student Club, South Asian Students Association, and Vietnamese Student Association.” He added that it would allow “students to celebrate their unique identities and to learn about their forefathers and their ancestral homelands.” WSU organizers told WBAL-TV that they would act as “an advocacy group, a source of pride and a safe haven for white students who have been discriminated against.”

When an ADL report characterized Heimbach and his proposed group as “white supremacists,” Heimbach fired back in kind, encouraging readers to research “the history of the ADL, which was founded after Southerners killed a convicted child-rapist — named Leo Frank — who happened to be Jewish.” (Actually, most historians believe Frank was innocent of the charge for which he was lynched.)

As aggrieved as Heimbach pretends to be at the ADL’s criticism, the links on the WSU website make it abundantly clear that his agenda has become militantly racist. They include Taylor’s racist journal American Renaissance; the American Third Position, a white supremacist political party; the Council of Conservative Citizens; Counter Currents Publishing, the publishing arm of the “New Right,” whose goal is to “make white racial consciousness and self-assertion hegemonic”; the virulently anti-Islamic English Defense League; Jobbik, a neo-fascist Hungarian political part; the League of the South, a racist neo-secessionist group; Occidental Dissent, a white nationalist publication that claims we are living through the historical epoch of “Black Run America,” whose policy is “Jim Crow in Reverse”; Ram Z. Paul, an Internet radio show that mocks “cultural Marxism”; The Occidental Quarterly, another racist journal; “The Political Cesspool,” a white supremacist radio show based in Tennessee; the anti-immigrant UK Independence Party, and the white separatist Voice of Reason Radio network. The WSU’s recommended readings include Francis Parker Yockey’s neo-Nazi classic Imperium, as well as Sam Francis’s Essential Writings on Race, Pat Buchanan’s Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive Until 2025? and Jared Taylor’s newest book White Identity.

The Yale-educated Taylor, founder of the New Century Foundation and publisher of American Renaissance magazine, poses as a thought leader whose contribution to American discourse is “racial realism”—which upon closer examination turns out to be racism dressed up in academic clothing. Marshaling an array of pseudoscientific “evidence,” Taylor maintains that since human beings prefer to be with their own kinds, the races should live separately; that “there is a substantial genetic contribution to well-established racial differences in average IQ”; and that “whites have legitimate group interests just like everyone else.”

Heimbach invited Taylor to speak at the White Student Union’s first meeting, supposedly as a way to test the waters and see how much interest there is in the Towson community for such a group (though one might reasonably suspect that Heimbach and Taylor’s real purpose is to stir up as much controversy and attention for themselves as they can). Since the WSU is not formally sanctioned, Towson required it to pay for the rental of the meeting room and extra police protection. Deploring that “unconstitutional assault on free speech and assembly,” American Renaissance blogger Henry Wolff issued a call for tax-deductible donations to defray the costs. The funds were raised, the check was delivered to the university, and the event will go off on schedule, at 8:30 tomorrow evening.

“I could not think of a better way to begin the school year than by hosting a speech by [Jared Taylor],” Heimbach said about his upcoming event. “The students of Towson will finally be afforded the opportunity to learn something other than the cultural Marxism that is espoused by their professors.”

• http://mstrrick.wordpress.com/about/ Mstr Rick

Its disingenuous for others to assert that any gathering of white peoples is “supremacist“ and yet when blacks gather it is “pride and culture? Additionally, I often hear this word “historically“ when it is preceded by comments that would otherwise be considered bigoted or racists?

I think white people should be able to organize and advance their own interests just like every other group of people. Every ethnic group in America is taught to be proud of their race and ethnicity, except white people. America has black television channels, black magazines, black student organizations, black lobbying groups, black scholarships and black barber shops.

These groups recognize that they share some common ancestry and some common interests, and they organize to assert those interests. A multicultural, multiracial, melting pot society that forbids only one ethnic group from preserving its culture and organizing to further its own interests is criminally hypocritical.

Challenging this deeply entrenched anti-white bias is a moral imperative. I’m white, and I’m proud of my white heritage, culture, and history, as I should be.

• Kiwiwriter

Thanks, Aadila:

“And to add on as parenthesis to Kiwi’s brilliant expose on the fallacies of the red scare:

In 1917 Russia under the Tsars was essential a medieval country, almost entirely agrarian and backwards in every way. By 1961, accomplishing what it took the West hundreds of years to achieve, the Soviet Union proved the ability of planned economies to achieve scientific breakthroughs, putting the first man in space.

I don’t see how counter-revolutionaries along the way were materially different than the execution of Sacco and Vanzetti who were executed for their ideology on August 23, 1927 in the United States.

Nor does it adequately address how the United States today has the highest incarcerated population of any country on the planet, with about 25% of the world’s inmates right here in our borders.

We have more prisoners in our jails today then the Soviet Union during the height of its crack downs on dissenters, where torture is an everyday practice and we lead the way toward state sponsored execution.

And most are black.”

Don’t forget that the Soviets also put the first satellite in orbit, the first EVA in space, and the first space rendezvous. Sergei Korolev was a genius.

It appalls me that the world’s most powerful democracy leads the league in incarcerated people. We should be figuring out ways to prevent people from turning to crime AS WELL as punishing them for misdeeds. We need programs to prevent recidivism.

However, while I’m appalled by the high level of incarceration in America, I don’t have too much sympathy for many prisoners — I have more sympathy for victims. We may also lead the league in crime victims. If we can solve crime at its causes, we will have fewer of those, too.

• aadila

And to add on as parentheis to Kiwi’s brilliant expose on the fallacies of the red scare:

In 1917 Russia under the tsars was essential a medieval country, almost entirely agrarian and backwards in every way. By 1961, accomplishing what it took the West hundreds of years to achieve, the Soviet Union proved the ability of planned economies to achieve scientific breakthroughs, putting the first man in space.

And most are black.

• aadila

And by the way silly Vili, you are forgetting that left wing social engineers already developed and implemented a concept called the magnet school, specifically to end hypersegregation following Brown v Board of Education and the so-called “white flight” phenomenon.

This is because the left wing has people who are smarter, kinder, more civic minded, and generally better citizens than the right wing.

Magnet schools have shown themselves to be a wonderful way to guarantee equal quality of education for all Americans regardless of their demographic background. And as a byproduct of glorious left wing social engineering, these schools help little neo nazis like you to learn the advantages of diversity in civic life from a young age, when impressionable.

• aadila

Vili I think the leftists were saying you are a cockerel, not a cuckold. Or something like that.

• Kiwiwriter

“I’m glad you think economic warfare is a legitimate pursuit against freedom of speech. Its clear from your threatening tone that you’re all just a bunch of Stalinists in the waiting, unsatisfied till you’ve finally had your gulag camps built for all the various assortments of White bigots in America.

I’ll even name the first camp for you: The Rosa Parks white racism detention facility.

Sounds like fun!”

You know, Vili, the racists built their own little GULag. It was the “Aryan Nations” compound in Idaho, and they filled with with their white bigots and convicted violent criminals to work as security guards. Their two achievements were to hold white racist conventions on a regular basis and to chase and threaten the lives of a Native American family that drove by, whose car had the misfortune to backfire as it passed.

The “security guards” chased the family down the road, drove them into a ditch, threatened their lives, shoved guns in their faces, and said, “For this day, we will let your blood live.”

I guess the neo-Nazis figured they could get away with it, because they had their own little camp.

Unfortunately, the real world came back and bit them, because SPLC sued their sorry selves for this horrific misdeed, and Richard Girnt Butler had to turn over the title deeds to this camp, and it ultimately went to the founder of Prodigy, who bulldozed it and turned it into a peace center.

By the way, the GULags pre-date Stalin. And Lenin. And Kerensky. They were set up by the Romanov Tsars, who were many things, but they sure weren’t Communists.

I don’t care about what white bigots spout and drool at their rallies. I get steamed when their right to free speech ends where someone else’s nose begins.

What I do think is that white bigots are stupid, weak, ignorant, nasty people, who blame others for their own failure to address their own problems, and try to make up for their own insignificance by dressing themselves up as “Masters of the Universe.”

• Gregory

Vili has yet to tell us just how much time he has spent in Europe. Spending time with European-Americans within the confines of his trailer park is not the same thing.

As for your obvious insecurities, you are the one who continually brings the topic of miscegenation into the conversation.

• Reynardine

Furthermore, Vili, I spent my grad school days living in Bedford-Stuyvesant and most of the rest of my days in Dade County, Florida. ¿Que quieres, bobo?

• Kiwiwriter

Vili: “You see, I simply cannot believe any of you aren’t living elaborate lives of liberal self-deception. For you to prove to me you believe all the B.S. your spewing, you merely need to move to a lower income or even middle income, 90% black area (Detroit would suffice), and send your children to Martin Luther King highschool so they can be one of the 5 or 6 White students at the whole school.

Hell, doesn’t even need to be blacks. 90%+ Vietnamese or Hispanic high schools for you children would do, and I still doubt you’d stick around before you were dolling out 10k+ for the nearest private school.

You must PROVE that to me. If you enjoy that new multi-racial utopia, and enjoy the company of your “equal” black neighbors, you may just spark my damn interest on this post-racial thing. However, knowing liberals, some of the best White-flighters out there, you’ll be outta there in a month to the whitest place you can find where zoning laws keep housing prices too high for your colored proles to move in and ruin your coffee shops and dog parks.”

Actually, Vili, I do live in just such a city, with just such neighbors, and my daughter is one of the few white girls in her high school. I’m not going to say where I live or where the school is, mostly because it’s none of your business.

And we don’t have any real problems, either. All of us are getting along just fine. We treat each other with ordinary courtesy, mutual respect, and genuine friendship.

It’s not that hard, really. Just treat others as you would like to have them treat you. Jesus said pretty efficiently.

• Erika

Renardine, as if the White Nationalists are actually interested in seeing the show in the Pink Pussycat Theater

But yes, they are located right next to each other in Onancock.

But for a serious point about something which is actually not too far from the actual Onancock on the Eastern Shore of Virginia there is an interesting abandoned school along U.S. 13 which i stopped to take some pictures of. According to the historic marker it was the first school for black students in Northhampton County. It opened in (if i remember right) 1950.

• Vili

Well, I was hoping for a more fulfilling discussion and I used as polite a language I could muster, but you leftists have proven yet again that you possess a simple demeanor as spiteful, hateful little creatures.

I’d like to argue why the White race exists, why it deserves to continue to exist, and the reason that existence is threatened.

And your main answer is that………….. I’m a cuckold?

Brilliant stuff. I’m sure it will be a fine explanation for the growing ranks of discontent White men in America as to why your genocidal policies are justified.

Future White men: “Why have you destroyed our countries future by importing the Third World?”

Antifa response: “Clearly, all of you are expressing political concerns representing repressed homo-erotic urges for colored men. Please return to your homes”

lol.

Please use this instead of “white privilege” to suppress legitimate White interests. This way the anti-White narrative will collapse at an even faster rate than its current high-speed death trajectory.

“This merely shows you do not understand what happened in the former Yugoslavia.”

To make it personal, as you seem incapable of doing anything otherwise, I believe you need to increase your reading comprehension skills. I was just alluding to a scenario in which various groups are shooting one another. I wasn’t hinting that the ethnic and political scenario of 90′s Yugoslavia has a particular lesson for our time.

“Ultimately – and this is what you ignorant white nationalists fail to release – all the white “race” really is especially in this country is people who happen to look “white.” There is nothing pure about it You can’t save something which already doesn’t exist. ”

I’m no genetic purist: I just don’t want everything being overwhelmed by an equatorial lowest common denominator. For me, its a certain “critical mass.” of non-European genetics within a White population that will cause it to take on societal characteristics of the Bario or the Hood. Its reflective of the “20%” black population proportion you often hear that causes White flight to begin. Its both instinctual and rational, entirely justifiable, and something I highly doubt all of you white liberals don’t participate in yourselves.

You see, I simply cannot believe any of you aren’t living elaborate lives of liberal self-deception. For you to prove to me you believe all the B.S. your spewing, you merely need to move to a lower income or even middle income, 90% black area (Detroit would suffice), and send your children to Martin Luther King highschool so they can be one of the 5 or 6 White students at the whole school.

You must PROVE that to me. If you enjoy that new multi-racial utopia, and enjoy the company of your “equal” black neighbors, you may just spark my damn interest on this post-racial thing. However, knowing liberals, some of the best White-flighters out there, you’ll be outta there in a month to the whitest place you can find where zoning laws keep housing prices too high for your colored proles to move in and ruin your coffee shops and dog parks.

“One of the things I was struck by Kirsten Kaiser’s account of the inner workings of the National Alliance,”

The National Alliance is dead. Your right, much of White Nationalism was a clown movement, but your message rings increasingly hollow as you consistently hold up the same caricatures and straw men to beat. So please keep up the dumb-hillbilly-white-trash-secretly-desires-black-men narrative towards your enemies. It shows your true colors.

“You know something, once these cute little powdered donuts get out into the real world and try to find a job, they may sincerely regret how the Internet makes everything permanent…”

I’m glad you think economic warfare is a legitimate pursuit against freedom of speech. Its clear from your threatening tone that you’re all just a bunch of Stalinists in the waiting, unsatisfied till you’ve finally had your gulag camps built for all the various assortments of White bigots in America.

Sounds like fun!

• Kiwiwriter

“Whites are constantly discriminated against in this country. Blacks especially, but also hispanics are just as racist as whites and perhaps even more so in my experience. There is no priveledge to being white except you are usually not taught by your race to sling meth, gangbang, drop out of school, be lazy, “get Obama money” etc”

Will Stockman, if we’re going to play the sweeping generalities game, I can play it, too.

How about this? Whites are taught by their race to pollute the planet, dump oil onto beaches, develop and use atomic bombs, develop and use Zyklon B, run monopolistic corporations that rob their customers and outsource their employees, rip off their companies’ pension plans, cause global warming, machine-gun laborers trying to unionize, massacre Jews, enslave blacks, inflict smallpox on Native Americans, criminalize the construction and waste management industries, turn information systems into propaganda tools, and create a military-industrial complex that starts wars for fun and profit.

What I said is just as inaccurate and unfair as what you said…except for one thing. The above subjects I have covered have had a hell of a greater negative and long-term impact on the world than gangs and school dropouts.

And as a member of the “Master Race,” you might want to master basic spelling. “Privilege.” Look it up. In Webster’s or Johnson’s. Invented by white guys. Yeah, they also do a great number of good things.

• Reynardine

Gee, I hope the foregoing gets past our Hays Office. And to think I turn LXIX in about three weeks!

• Reynardine

Erika, I presume you mean the one next door to “The Pink Pussycat”, where, for a certain surcharge, they will seat you where you can see both features at once.

• Erika

Reynardine and Ruslan, it is probably sufficient to say that Vili’s appears to be a frequent visitor to the “Black Rooster Theatre.”

• Reynardine

Well, Ruslan, I suppose there is still some Hays Office sentiment among our moderators, but at least I no longer have to refer to my next birthday as LXIX.

• Ruslan Amirkhanov

Will, if whites are constantly discriminated against, let’s see some evidence for it. Also what is this “Obama money” you refer to? Has Obama enacted some kind of social welfare programs that I missed? Lastly, meth is often sold in rural areas or places which don’t have a large black population. In fact statistically, most drug dealers are white, as are most users.

• aadila

You know something, once these cute little powdered donuts get out into the real world and try to find a job, they may sincerely regret how the Internet makes everything permanent…

Employers don’t just read facebook, you know…

• Will Stockman

Whites are constantly discriminated against in this country. Blacks especially, but also hispanics are just as racist as whites and perhaps even more so in my experience. There is no priveledge to being white except you are usually not taught by your race to sling meth, gangbang, drop out of school, be lazy, “get Obama money” etc…
    What a great student. Maybe now I will donate money to Towson. Now that all groups are funded by the donations.