The successful candidate must understand all aspects of database administration, and be comfortable working with developers. The MSSQL DBA is responsible for forward engineering, overall design guidance, integration, security and consulting support of database development to ensure stability, performance and integration with various solutions and written applications, using Microsoft SQL Server. The MSSQL DBA will also be responsible for providing for development efforts, maintaining an in-depth knowledge of best practices surrounding database architecture and systems reliability.
Primary Job Functions:
- Install/patch/maintain SQL Server databases
- Work with Developers to tune queries
- Work with Developers to review database design, etc.
- Analyze/tune SQL Server databases to run at optimal efficiency
- Ensure the security and integrity of the databases and report writing solutions
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or technical questions.
- Assist in developing database standards, adhere to existing standards as defined.
- Implements data models and database designs, database queries, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves complicated database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues and performs audits for database quality and health
- Work internally to understand business application change requirements and aid the development of scalable, available, and high performance schema changes in the databases.
- Assist in creating database programming standards for application developers.
- Perform SQL code releases in conjunction with application release code.
- Enhance schema to support customer data security policies using encryption, views and other techniques to hide highly sensitive data either static in data stores or while in transit.
- Responsible for the addition and deletion of user access to development databases according to policies.
- Very hands-on and should be able to do the actual work to complete tasks/projects assigned.
- Optimizes stored procedures and queries
- Documents, updates and maintains database backup and recovery strategy
- Creates scripts for restoring security settings for each database and database refresh
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be strong and effective communicator.
- Committed to deliver on time according to requirements and business needs.
- Able and willing to effectively contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Able to work independently
Education and Related Work Experience:
- BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in SQL Server Database Administration (with emphasis on SQL Server 2008/2012)
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- Software Development experience is a plus.
- Understand most aspects of database administration, and be comfortable working with developers.
- Clear and effective written and verbal English communications skills
- Ability to comprehend overall product vision and generate database solutions to meet business requirements.
Please submit the following documents as one attachment: a cover letter, resume, three references to: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=7326541.
Southern Poverty Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.