The Southern Poverty Law Center, a leading civil rights organization located in Montgomery, Alabama seeks a Planned Giving Associate for the Development Department.
The candidate will participate in all aspects of the Development Department’s planned giving program to include supplying information, performing donor research, and inputting data into a database. This position works with members of the planned giving department to cultivate planned giving prospects and corresponds by mail, phone, email and in person with SPLC donors. The candidate will work under general supervision to complete stewardship tasks and fulfillment, assists with gift annuity mailings, emails and phone calls. The candidate will also handle record keeping and notes, maintain files, and produce correspondence.
Primary Job Functions:
- Completes and documents Partner stewardship processes through CRM;
- Performs address research and returned mail and updates donor records in CRM;
- Sends acknowledgements and records Partner marketing responses in CRM;
- Completes and documents phone calls to donors to thank, arrange visits, secure information , research lost payments, and process deceased annuitants;
- Maintains computer and paper records, files and pulls reports on Partner activities;
- Assists with gift annuity payments, research, decreasing processes and miscellaneous mailings;
- Conducts donor research via Wealthpoint, Lexis Nexis and internet for visit snapshots and gift annuitants 90+ reviews;
- Provides administrative support, orders supplies and monitors inventories, and assists with special event projects, phone calls, ticket mailings, etc.
- Backs up stock processing and gift annuity prospect mailings and follow-up.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- High School Degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred;
- 1-2 years of prior office experience;
- 1-2 years of prior customer service experience;
- Prior research experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proficient in computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Willingness to learn basic planned giving terminology and vehicles;
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment;
- Sense of humor coupled with a strong work ethic.
The Center offers an excellent salary and benefits package. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=7953651.
Due to the high volume of applications received by the Center, we will be unable to respond to inquiries by telephone.
The Southern Poverty Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.