The Senior Accountant is responsible for recording financial transactions, including but not limited to the preparation of financial information and reports; compilation and analysis of financial information, reconciliation of general ledger and general accounting work.
1. Regularly reviews entries to the general and statistical ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with established accounting principles and procedures. Prepares general and statistical ledger entries.
2. Prepares financial and statistical reports as required.
3. Coordinates and prepares for financial audits as required.
4. Assists in the review of budget reports and in preparation of annual capital, expense, and activity budgets.
5. Administers gift annuities and pooled income funds.
6. Prepares and/or reviews required tax returns.
7. Recommends changes in financial policies and procedures, as necessary.
8. Monitors established internal controls to assure proper compliance.
9. Prepares regulatory and financial reports for gift annuities
10. Assists with reconciliation of investments
11. Performs other duties as assigned
The preceding examples are representative of the assignments performed by this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
1. BA/BS degree in finance or accounting.
2. More than five (5) years' experience in combination of experience, education, and training which would provide the level of knowledge, skill, and ability required.
3. A CPA with public accounting is preferred.
4. Knowledge of technical and professional principles and skills of accounting and nonprofit finance.
5. Experience using Dynamics Great Plains preferred. Strong working knowledge of Windows based applications including Excel, Word and MS Outlook. Knowledge of Tableau or other data visualization projects a plus.
6. Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, management, and department head staff and various Center personnel.
7. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
8. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
The Center offers a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package. Interested candidates should e-mail a resume, cover letter, salary history, and three professional references to the link provided.
The Southern Poverty Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.