Legal Assistance

The SPLC's current legal work is focused in five areas — immigrant justice, juvenile justice, school discipline reform, LGBT-rights and lawsuits against hate groups.

We do not handle any other matters at this time. We do not have the legal staff to accept individual legal cases.

If you need an attorney, we suggest you contact your state bar association to request an attorney referral.

Listed below are some other resources that may be able to help you find an attorney in your area or assist you generally with information:

If you believe that your request for legal assistance falls into one of our four areas of concentration — immigrant justice, juvenile justice, school discipline reform, and lawsuits against hate groups — and you would like to send us your request, please complete the following form.

Please note that due to the large volume of requests we receive, legal staff will not be able to respond personally to every request.

Please enter digits only
Please enter ten words or less that accurately describe subject matter of your case.
Please explain in 200 words or less what happened, giving the most important details and facts. If you have already filed a lawsuit or a complaint with a government agency, please provide details of the results of your efforts, including your current counsel, where filed, and a case number if you have one.
Enter the characters shown in the image.