Summary: Under general supervision, responsible for responding to inquiries about the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and reinforcing customer relations with SPLC donors and non-donors. In addition, the qualified candidate will assist the Director of Foundations with the implementation of foundation solicitation strategies and work directly with various databases to perform a wide variety of complex administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet Center needs:
• Responds to donor and non-donor inquiries about SPLC;
• Major, corporate, and foundation gift acknowledgements;
• Fulfills donors’ requests for SPLC material;
• Manages the Development Department publication inventory;
• Assists in the coordination of reviewing and editing customized communications;
• Assists in program funding campaigns through telephone and mail;
• Creates and maintains spreadsheets;
• Performs general administrative duties; and
• Database data entry.
• 3 years of customer service and office administration experience required;
• College degree preferred;
• Strong telephone skills;
• Excellent computer skills; must be highly proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and database programs;
• Detail and process oriented;
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands;
• Must be a team player.
Please apply by submitting your cover letter, resume, and three references as one document to:
The Southern Poverty Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.