Open Request for Proposals
Our current compensation system and salary band structure was instituted five years ago based on recommendations from a nationally known consulting firm. Today, the SPLC’s growth — our staff nearly doubling in size and expansion into new states — calls for a thorough review of the compensation structure.
Accordingly, we have initiated a Request for Proposal (RFP) process to identify a qualified vendor to help us:
- Conduct a comprehensive study of our positions, classifications, and compensation;
- Propose changes to the salary band structure to ensure we are offering competitive compensation to recruit and retain employees;
- Propose changes to the salary band structure to ensure our compensation is commensurate with our role as a leading civil rights organization that deeply values its employees;
- Propose changes to current positions’ classifications and salaries so that there is uniformity across all SPLC departments and divisions;
- Determine if we should continue to use or modify a separate step scale for attorneys where base salaries for non-leadership positions are pegged to their law school graduation date; and
- Propose a structure to accommodate future growth and creation of new positions.
Issued: July 25th, 2019
Due: 5 p.m. EDT on August 30, 2019