Members of our Remote Team include lawyers, law students, medical and mental health professionals, and non-attorneys. Volunteers work remotely according to their own schedule and skills.
SIFI's Remote Team is integral to our process of identifying and serving clients. Tasks vary but may include:
- conducting video-teleconference or telephonic intakes with potential clients;
- translating documents;
- organizing client case files;
- writing letters of encouragement;
- drafting bond motions and parole requests; and
- researching issues related to SIFI’s advocacy.
Medical and mental health professionals may work remotely and depending on case needs, may be requested to travel to detention centers to evaluate clients, issue diagnostic/treatment letters, and/or review documents.
Be sure to also review our Volunteer FAQ’s here.
Thank you for your support to the Southeast Immigrant Freedom Initiative!